Friday, March 27, 2009

Tongue Twisters

Friday, March 27th, 2009

I hope everyone had fun doing tongue twisters. I wasn't sure I was going to do this one, but then I awoke in the night with repetitive letters humming in my brain and woke up this morning with these:
1. Twenty talking turkeys take turns taunting toads.
2. Baseball Bonnie bats balls better than Barry in Boston.
3. Bessie bakes better breakfast bread than Betty.
Anyone else? Love to have you stop in with a few of your own.

What's next? More "sound" is coming. In the next entry--tomorrow or Monday--we'll explore sound in a poem by the Father of American poetry, Walt Whitman. No, nothing as long as Leaves of Grass. It's a short poem with a multi-layered sense of sound that leaves me breathless with wonder. What a genius! Anyone know the poem? It begins, "I heard you. . ."

No comments:

Post a Comment