Thursday, January 29, 2009

January 29, 2009 Happy Birthday!

Today's my husband's birthday, and since he loves to fly fish and because Ernest Hemingway is probably his favorite author (other than me, of course), here's a short Hemingway quote: "If you get a kick out of it [a fish] while he is jumping remember back until you see what the action was that gave you an emotion. Whether it was the rising of the line from the water and the way it tightened like a fiddle string until it drops. . . or the way he smashed and threw water when he jumped. Remember what the noises were. . .find what gave you the emotion; what the action was that gave you the excitement. Then write it down making it clear so the reader will see it too and have the same feeling you had. " Happy birthday, honey!

The Hemingway quote on my desk: "I have tried to write the best I can; sometimes I have good luck and write better than I can." Yesterday was that sort of day for me, and today is promising too!

Also, happy birthday to my grand nephew, Kurt Hoover!

No comments:

Post a Comment