Wednesday, March 25, 2009

Writing Fun for the Whole Family

March 25, 2009 Alliteration Day

Today's title isn't a true alliteration, but you will notice that I began two words with a "w" and three word with an "f", so I was consciously thinking about sound. You know what's coming, right? Today we are going to purposely overwrite alliteration in the form of. . .any guesses?
Give up? Tongue Twisters. Yes, dear friends and writers, we are going to write original tongue twisters. You all know this one: "Peter Piper picked a peck of pickled peppers. . ." and here's another favorite my Uncle Bob Macey taught me back when I was around ten or so: "The blue bank book blew back a block." Try saying that fast three times.

Those are a couple that should get your creative juices flowing. Get the kids involved. I bet you'll get some giggles. Now what shall I write?

I'll be back on Friday for another fun round with sound! Have fun!

No comments:

Post a Comment