Tuesday, February 24, 2009

Writing Letters -- Day 2

Febraury 24, 2009 Time Travel

Have I mentioned that I'm working on a young adult novel? It's contemporary, so it's something completely out of the norm for me. Anyway, as I've been working on this, I've naturally been thinking a lot about myself as a teenager, all the angst, the fears, the insecurities, but good things too. In a way, writing this book may be a way of writing a letter to my younger self at least in my mind if not in the actual narrative. So today think about yourself as a younger person--a teenager or younger--and write a letter to your younger self. What would you like to tell yourself? Maybe, "Keep up the good work." Or, "You're headed in the wrong direction!" Be honest. Be compassionate. Write from your heart. Keep the letter or throw it away; whatever feels right to you. Have fun.

No comments:

Post a Comment