Monday, April 20, 2009

Highlights of this Writer's Life

Monday, April 20, 2009 What's coming this week?

It's going to be a busy week here in Lookout, PA. First of all, I started "Poetry Boot Camp" yesterday. Didn't know that it was starting so early on a Sunday and when we got back from breakfast I had fifteen new e-mails--boot camp had begun! It is fun but also intense. All week I will be writing a poem a day and critiquing with a group of other children's authors who also happen to write poetry. Our mentor is an award winning poet. 2 Hints: she is a niece of John Updike.

Tuesday night I will be one of a panel of authors invited to a library--it is National Book Week--to talk about our books and about publishing. It's at the Hawley Library from 6-8 pm in case any of you are in the area and can stop by. Bring any questions you have about writing and submitting, the editorial process, the stages a manuscript goes through to become a published book, ask anything at all about the writing life.

I will be posting one or two photos from events. I will be sharing about a new YA that I'm reading. And, of course, I will post a writing prompt, because we all need to do our mental flossing. Catch you later!

No comments:

Post a Comment