Tuesday, September 1, 2009

Meet YA Author Wendy Townsend

Wednesday, September 2, 2009

As promised, I'm going to interview authors this fall, tell you a little about who they are and introduce you to some of their work, along with the bonus of giving away an autographed copy of the featured book to one very lucky reader who writes in to comment on the interview or the book. I'll put all the names in a hat and have my husband pick. He's a very honest lawyer (don't laugh); it's true. So let's get started.
In the photo above is author Wendy Townsend and friend, Sebastian. No surprise that her first YA novel is titled Lizard Love.

Wendy lives just a few miles across the Delaware River from me. She's been around here for a number of years, and even though we were both writers, we didn't know each other. We met quite by chance in March of 2008. I could meet another author in a lot of places, but Wendy and I met at a library. She was browsing the YA stacks in the Wayne County Public Library and I was there meeting with two other author friends. She overheard our kid lit chat and came over to introduce herself. Magic. Isn't wonderful how birds of a feather find each other? So, I'm delighted to enlarge the circle of friends and introduce her to all of you.

Wendy is a graduate of the Vermont College MFA Program in Writing for Children and Young Adults. She is a lifelong lover of nature [a kindred spirit], especially reptiles and snakes. [Love that we don't all love the same furry pets!]She lives in Callicoon, New York, with her husband, numerous lizards, and at least one cat! Please welcome Wendy Townsend! You learn a lot more about her by clicking on this link: http://wendytownsendwriter.com/

The next post will be all about her book. I'll share my thoughts along with the starred review from Booklist. I hope you'll drop by to comment. If you have trouble posting a comment (some people say it doesn't work for them), then please send me a direct e-mail: claragillowclark@gmail.com I'll gladly feature your comments in a separate post.
You can also find and follow me on Twitter, and leave me a dm there. Back in a day or so!



No comments:

Post a Comment